Desserts are always such a huge hit in our home but sometimes I don’t want an entire cake lying around for the kids and myself to gobble up. I’ve been venturing into the Duncan Hines Perfect Sized Cakes lately and I’m in love with them. The mixing, baking and frosting is so easy and I wanted to give it a unique twist to turn it into something more. My 5 year old son and I decided to make Chocolate Mason Jar Cakes and they turned out so good!
Chocolate Mason Jar Cakes
- Chocolate Duncan Hines Perfect Sized Cake
- White Frosting
- Orange Gel Food Color
- Mason Jars
- Circle Cookie Cutter
- Mix up the Duncan Hines Perfect Cake per directions on the box.
- Cook according to the directions on the box as well.
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Pop out of the perfect cake pan and lay on a flat surface.
- Using a sharp knife cut the cake into two and lay both on a flat surface.
- Take your circle cookie cutter and cut out at least 9 chocolate cake circles to fill your mason jars.
- Spoon your white frosting into a bowl and add in your orange gel coloring and mix together.
- Place one chocolate circle on the bottom of your mason jar and top off with your frosting, layer another chocolate circle, frost, layer one more chocolate circle and top off with orange frosting and colorful sprinkles.
- Grab a spoon and indulge on this delicious cake serving for one.
- Place lid on mason jar and store in fridge until ready to eat. DELICIOUS!