Fall is quickly approaching and that means one of my favorite holidays is coming up! Can you guess which holiday? Halloween, that’s right! There’s something about Halloween I love from the home decor to the costumes to the fun desserts we get to make in our home. Well this year we’re getting a head start and making these delicious and adorable Halloween Spider Cookies Recipe – an easy and delicious Halloween treat. These are a hit with the kids and make the most perfect treat addition to any back to school lunchbox. Now grab your kids, your ingredients and get ready to make the cutest cookies ever!
Halloween Spider Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar (For rolling)
- 48 miniature Reese’s cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 96 Candy Eyes
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1″ balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cupon top of each cookie and move to wire rack to cool.
- After placing and moving all of the cookies on the wire rack. put in place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm.
- Place chocolate chips in corner of zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Clip very small piece off of corner of bag to allow for piping and draw 8 legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.
Be sure to check out my Easy Spider Web Cupcakes as well!