From the moment I found out I was having a little girl I went crazy over all the amazing Homemade Girl’s Hairbows you could make for your little girl.
Fast forward to almost 2 years later and my daughter has a huge collection of Homemade Hairbows I have made her and there are so many amazing fabrics and patterns out there to make them with. Choose from thick and thin ribbons as well as heavily patterned, solid and glittered ribbons for the ultimate hairbows. I really hope you enjoy this easy tutorial.
Homemade Girl’s Hairbows
What you need:
- Ribbon 1.5″ and .5″
- Alligator clip
- Needle and Thread
1. Cut each ribbon to a length of 21″
2. Thread your needle to have ready
3. Cut all 4 ends at an angle and seal with your lighter
4. Put your smaller ribbon on top of your wider ribbon
5. Put your hand sideways and start wrapping your ribbon around twice so that each end is slightly longer that your hand
6. Slide the ribbon off your hand but keep in place
7. Take your threaded needle and sew one end to the other
8. Pull end of thread gently and wrap around center if bow tightly so that it bunches and tie a triple knot to secure
9. Hot glue an alligator clip on the bottom of bow
10. Your bow is complete, enjoy!