Disclosure: I was given a product free of charge for review purposes. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.
It’s winter time and it always gets cold in California which is fine except my whole house is ceramic tiling which doesn’t help keep us warm. I was so excited to get a Mohawk Home Rug to add a little warmth to our living room and have a great place for my daughter to crawl on. We received the Paisley Patchwork Brown Rug which is 5’3″ x 7’10” which was the perfect size to go in front of our sofa. Not only is the print beautiful it matches our existing pillows perfectly and this area rug is made from superior olefin fibers, blending the right colors, textures, and patterns to express your style. Our rug arrived quickly and was packaged nicely. I love how plush it feels and my daughter loves to lay down and play with her toys and attempt to crawl. Working with Mohawk Home has been an excellent experience. If you need a little inspiration on your next rug be sure to check out the inspire creativity gallery which gives you a fresh idea on life and gives a helping hand. Finding the Perfect rug is never easy but working with Mohawk Home is. Can you tell #Ilovemymohawkrug?
Shopping for a Mohawk home rug was so easy and I can’t believe we found a perfect print to match our decor style. If you’re looking for a new rug for your home whether it be a bedroom, living room, office or even outdoor patio you have to browse the hundred’s of great rugs at MohawkHome. Which rug are you going to choose to add a little warmth into your home this chilly winter?
A few great tips to finding the perfect size area rug
The key to success is proper measurements:
- For a medium sized room a 5’x8’ area rug is typically good a choice
- Large rooms generally require an area rug that is 8’x10’ or larger
- Area rugs should approximate the same length and width of the furniture within the space
- An equal amount of exposed flooring around your rug can also give balance to your room. Don’t get a rug so large that it touches the baseboard around the room
- Don’t “float” a rug in a room. Use the rug to define the space and incorporate your furniture to anchor the rug.
- Multiple smaller area rugs can be used effectively in the bedroom by placing one at the foot of the bed and one or two on each side of the bed. In fact, using multiple area rugs can be more affordable while better complimenting your furnishings
The amazing folks at Mohawk Home are giving away ANY 5′ x 8′ Rug under $150 to ONE lucky winner! Giveaway will run from 3/1/14 – 3/22/14!