There is nothing more fun than being able to be creative and creating something beautiful to display in your home. I created these beautiful Decorative Glitter Candle Holders using my daughters Baby Food Jars, what an amazing way to recycle an item right? These candle holders were super easy to do and I added vanilla scented tea light candles to give a very romantic feel which are perfect for the bedroom, bathroom, nursery, dining room, living room, office or anywhere else that can use a little glitter and glam. It’s time for you to get creative and choose your favorite colored glitters to fit your style and home. Are you ready to get started and make your own Glitter candle holders? Great let’s get going.
- Baby Food Jars (Cleaned with labels removed)
- Mod Podge Glue (Available at all craft stores)
- Brush to apply glue (I bought a 6 pack for $1.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- Glitter — I used Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter, Desert, 3-Pack which can be purchased on Amazon
- Tea Light Candles – I used Scented tealight, natural vanilla 36 pack which can be purchased on Amazon
- Tape (optional)
- Take your clean baby food jars and depending if you’re using tape or not line the top and the bottom where you don’t want the glitter to appear.
- Once you have your section taped off take a good amount of Mod Podge glue and using your brush it on your glass jar.
- Place a paper plate or paper towel on the table and quickly pour glitter all over the glue before it dries. I poured a huge amount around the entire candle making sure I covered all the glue. Once all your glitter is applied just tap off all the excess glitter on your plate and pour it back in the container.
- Let dry for a few minutes and remove the tape.
- Once you have removed the tape take a q-tip and brush off all the excess glitter to make clean lines.
- Add in your favorite scented tea light candles and you have your very own decorative candles.
- This project was very cheap to do and definitely a crowd pleaser.
These Candle holders turned out so amazing you would never guess they used to be baby food jars! Oh the worlds of being Creative and Glitter! Below you will see photos of these candle holders in different lighting! Which is your favorite?!