We’ve made the switch to a healthier lifestyle and it’s made possible by including Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey in our day to day lives.
Raise your hand if your family has made the switch to turkey? I have started using turkey in as many meals in our home as possible. I actually use Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey because it’s delicious, healthy, and a lean source of protein. We’ve started using Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey in place of ground beef and it’s been a smart move.
A few nights ago I made a delicious Shepherd’s Pie using Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey and my family fell in love! Actually, my kids had no idea that it was anything different than ground beef. I think it can be tricky to introduce new foods to kids, so it’s always nice when they eat something without noticing you replaced it with something much healthier.
Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is USDA certified organic. They didn’t just slap a label on themselves, they are actually certified organic by the USDA! I also love this product because it’s 100% natural with no added hormones or steroids and it’s 93% lean. As an added benefit, Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is locally grown in California. We’re talking about some amazing turkey that’s incredibly healthy for you and your family.
I don’t want to forget to mention that ground turkey is much healthier than ground beef. And it includes LESS calories, so even mom and dad can enjoy their favorite meals without the extra guilt.
Are you interested in trying Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey? Well you’ll be glad to know that Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is available at Costco and select supermarkets in CA, WA and OR.
I encourage my readers to replace their ground beef with this ground turkey for one meal and see how amazing it tastes. Come back and let me know what you thought! I can’t wait to hear all about it.
Homemade Shepherd’s Pie
- Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Grab your skillet and place on your cooktop. Add a little olive oil to the pan and allow to heat up for a bit than proceed to add in your Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey.
- Continue to cook the ground turkey until it’s completely cooked through.
- Now add in your cup of fresh peas and cup of carrots and top off with a can of cream of mushroom soup and mix it all together.
- While your food is cooking begin to whip up your mashed potatoes in another pan. We opted to use instant potatoes and followed the directions on the box.
- Once the potatoes are ready just place them on top of your ground turkey mixture and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Once the tops of the mashed potatoes have a bit of browning you’re ready to go.
- Remove from oven and serve while warm. Enjoy.
My 2 and 5 year old gobbled this up in a matter of minutes!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey.