My family loves anything donut related and these donuts are hands down some of the best I have ever made. Apple Cider Donuts are so easy to make and super kid friendly plus they’re perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert! With fall coming so quickly it’s only obvious I’d be busting out the Apple Cider recipes!
Apple Cider Donuts
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups apple cider
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
Donut Cookie Cutter
1. Line baking sheet with parchment. Line a large plate with paper towels. In a paper bag, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon; shake to mix well. Set aside.
2. Bring cider to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix baking powder, salt, 1 cup flour and remaining sugar and cinnamon.
4. In another bowl, whisk butter, eggs, yolk and cooled cider. Add cider mixture to flour mixture; mix until smooth. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups flour and mix. Dough will be sticky. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
5. Pour oil into a large pot and Heat oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 375ºF.
6. Remove dough from fridge and roll out to 1” thick with donut cookie cutters cut out donuts. Makes about 24 Donuts.
7. Carefully place doughnuts into hot oil. After about 1 minute, doughnuts will rise to surface and begin to brown. turn over and fry 1 1/2 minutes longer. Transfer to lined plate to drain.
8. When doughnuts have cooled for 1 minute, add to plate with cinnamon sugar and toss to coat.
If you love donuts be sure to check out my Caramel Apple Baked Donuts, yummy!