Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smucker’s and Mom It Forward. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I’m a proud part of Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
The middle of August is finally here and that means it’s Back to School time for my little man. This is his first year in Kindergarten and we’re both beyond excited and nervous at the same time. My son Chasen gets to go off on his own, be independent and make lots of new friends. Since we’re back to school it gives me the fun opportunity to pack the kid’s lunches again and I love getting creative with some of my favorite staple ingredients. Find out how we’re going Back to School with Smucker’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll Ups.
When I think about back to school lunches I instantly think about Smucker’s Jelly and JIF Peanut butter it’s what we know and what the kids love. Did you know there are so many creative ways to give a twist on the ordinary Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich? I have found the more creative I am with foods the more likely my kids are to not only eat it, but ask for seconds. As a mother of picky eaters I’m give myself a pat on the back when I find something the kids love.
Well this weekend we gave a trial for Back to School lunches and I came up with some delicious and oh so easy Peanut Butter & Jelly Roll-ups. These sandwiches are easy, delicious and kid friendly, so it’s a winning situation for everyone. We wanted to showcase the newest Smucker’s Simply Fruit Concord Grape Spreadable Fruit Jelly and it was a hit in our home even my 2 year old loved it.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll Ups
What you need:
- White Bread
- Smucker’s Simply Fruit Concord Grape Spreadable Fruit Jelly
- JIF Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Rolling Pin
- Knife (optional)
- Grab your piece of white bread and lay it out on a smooth surface. Take your rolling pin and flatten it out until it’s very thin, this will make it easier for rolling.
- If you choose to remove the crust use your knife to cut off the edges. My kids dispise crust so this is always a must in our home.
- Grab a nice helping of crunchy peanut butter and spread it all over the bread.
- Now grab a nice helping of your Smucker’s Grape Jelly and spread it over the peanut butter.
- Now all you have to do is start at one end and tightly roll it up to the other side.
Your kids will love the new take on PB & J sandwiches and make your kids extremely happy. I for one believe everyone needs a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich in their life to brighten up their day. These are the perfect size for Back to school lunches and are even perfect for younger toddlers!
I will be sharing a series of creative lunches/snacks for kids and adults using the amazing line of Smucker’s Products.