With all the Stress we have in our lives it’s no wonder we need some time to unwind. Between work, school, bills, kids and more you tend to be a little stressed. I have worked up a list of 7 benefits of Yoga for you to enjoy.
Benefits of Yoga
- De-stress and Relax.
- The number one benefit of adding yoga to your everyday life is that it will allow your entire body to relax and relive all of the stress that it accumulates on a daily basis. Within today’s society of fast pace and high stress jobs, many find yoga as an escape from everything going on around them.
- Depression and Anxiety.
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety, yoga can help to rejuvenate and alleviate the brain. It will decrease the production of chemicals in your body that make you feel depressed and anxious and will increase those that aid in feeling happy and upbeat throughout the day.
- Flexibility, Muscle Strength and Good posture.
- Due to the stretching and movements that are involved while practicing yoga, it will increase the flexibility and strength of your muscles. This is especially beneficial in the long run should you injure yourself or come across health conditions. It will also improve posture due to the balancing effects that it offers to your body and reduce muscle soreness.
- Joints, Ageing and Bone Health.
- Regardless of age, yoga will improve your joints and bones as well as reduce the effects of aging. Younger people that practice yoga experience less signs of aging, and older participants experience healthier lifestyles as well as often reversing the aging of the body, joints and muscles.
- Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure.
- Due to the movements in yoga often times those with blood sugar and blood pressure concerns will see a reverse in the need for medication and treatment of these issues. Yoga allows the blood and body to move freely and flow better. This is also in part to it reducing stress, depression and anxiety which are a few of the leading factors to blood sugar and blood pressure concerns.
- Sleep and Focus.
- Many who have trouble sleeping or focusing will find improvement after adding yoga to their lives. It calms the body down, as well as clears the mind of many negativities to allow a more restful sleep and better focus throughout the day.
- Immune System and Allergies.
- Those who practice yoga on a regular basis have said that it boosts the immune system and allows your body to fight off viruses and sicknesses far better than those who do not practice yoga. This being said, it can also help alleviate the sinuses and clear up allergy symptoms for those who experience allergies both seasonally and long term.