I can’t believe Christmas is right around the corner and the kids and I have already started whipping up delicious Christmas treats. This past weekend we made the most amazing and delicious Christmas Tree Krispie Treats! They’re so easy to make and the kids get to help out first hand on decorating. This is an easy dessert that can be done in minutes and is great for any Christmas parties you have coming up.
Christmas Tree Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- 3 oz. White Chocolate
- Misc. Candies for decorating (Peppermints for tree toppers; sprinkles, M&M candies, etc. for ornaments; Reese’s for tree trunks)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in green food coloring.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispie’s cereal until well coated.
- Grease your hands and form mixture into cone shapes. Place trees onto prepared pan and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions, and transfer to a piping bag or zip-lock bag to pipe onto trees.
- Pipe melted white chocolate like a garland around each tree.
- Place candies onto tree and dab the backs with extra white chocolate if needed to make sure it sticks well.
- Optional: place Reese’s upside down on pan and pipe chocolate on it – place tree on top. (This works best with smaller trees)
- Allow to set before serving.