With the arrival of my baby boy coming in just a few short months I wanted to make sure I’m fully prepared. I’ve been making these adorable DIY Burp Cloths which are perfect for those first few months. The patterns are absolutely adorable and perfect. Aside from using these myself I’ll also be making extras to give as baby shower gifts.
DIY Burp Cloths
What you need:
- Gerber Cloth Diapers – 6 ply
- Flannel Fabric (1/4 yard for 2 Burp Cloths)
- Straight Pins
- Sewing Machine
- Lay out your flannel fabric right side up, then lay your cloth diaper on top of the flannel near the edges.
- Pin the fabric to the cloth diaper around the edges with straight pins.
- Once all the edges have been pinned, cut the excess flannel so you end up with the same size pieces.
- Using a 1/4 inch seam, sew along the perimeter of the flannel/cloth diaper leaving about a 3 to 4 inch gap.
- Turn the fabric right side out.
- Turn the 3 to 4 inch raw edge inward, pin and sew with a 1/4 inch seam all along the outside of the burp cloth.
- Turn the burp cloth over to the cloth diaper side, and sew along the two seams where the absorbent portion is, essentially two straight lines, just for reinforcement.
- All done!
- So easy! They are they best burp cloths, not only are they absorbent, but the fabric’s design helps hide spit up stains too.
SHOP THIS POST