Cold and flu season is upon us and to help you out I created this recipe for a Homemade Cold Cream. This works similar to Vicks Vapor rub but what’s different are the ingredients and the fact that it doesn’t leave your skin feeling sticky. This combination of Shea butter, oils, and essential oils is 100% plant based and organic making it safe to use as often as needed. You’ll have peace of mind knowing this product is safe for the whole family. The best part? It only takes 10 minutes to make. Enjoy!
Homemade Cold Cream
- ½ Pound of Shea Butter
- 8 oz of Sweet Almond Oil
- 4 oz of Coconut oil
- ¼ Cup Beeswax
- 1 Tablespoon of Vitamin E Oil
- 5 drops RC
- 5 Drops Ravinsara
- 2 Drops Wintergreen
- For a child
- 3 drops RC
- 3 drops Ravinsara
- 2 drops Wintergreen
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the boiling water (but don’t allow water into the bowl)
- Add all of your ingredients to the bowl and stir gently until Shea Butter and Beeswax are fully melted.
- Allow all the ingredients to cool thoroughly. You can even place the bowl in the fridge for several minutes to speed the process.
- When the mixture is completely cooled take a hand mixer and blend until the mixture is fluffy. If mixture does not become fluffy please allow more time to cool.
- Add Essential Oils to ½ cup of your cream and continuing blending until essential oils are mixed in completely.
- Place your homemade cream into an airtight container.
This cream is loaded with ingredients that will nourish you skin. Every ingredient is completely safe for any age. Shea butter, coconut oil and almond oil are filled with fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish and heal dry skin. RC, Ravinsara, and Wintergreen are essential oils known for their ability to clear the sinuses allowing you to breath easier during even the worst cold.