Are you looking for a kid friendly delicious treat to serve up in your home? Check out these amazing Caramel Apple Baked Donuts I whipped up over the weekend. Not only are they amazing to look at but they taste so good! The kids will gobble these up and begging you to make more. Perfect for any occassion including parties, events and holidays!
Everyone loves to wake up and have a fresh donut and it’s even better when you can make them in the comfort of your own home. Donuts are one of my favorite things to make with my kids in the mornings and sometimes you’ll even catch us making them in the evenings as well. Homemade donuts in the comfort of your own home? Yes please!
Caramel Apple Baked Donuts
- 2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 3/4 cup shredded Apples
- 11 oz Kraft Caramels
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup chopped Nuts
How to make the donut shapes:
Wilton Non-Stick Donut Pan (Purchase here)
- Preheat oven to 425 and then Grease Donut Pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Stir just until well mixed. Fold in shredded apples.
- Fill each ring about 2/3 but make sure it doesn’t top center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- Unwrap caramels and place in small sauce pan.
- Add milk and heat over low heat stirring frequently until melted.
- Allow to cool until warm.
- Dip cooled donuts in caramel and place on rack.
- Sprinkle top with chopped nuts.
- Wait for glaze to set.
If you love these Homemade Caramel Apple Baked Donuts than you’ll love my Homemade Apple Pie Taco Desserts as well!