With Summer right around the corner one of my favorite things I’ve been looking forward to was Watermelon. Well the next best thing has got to be these Homemade Watermelon Soap, which turned out amazing and looks so life like.
One way to get your kids to enjoy washing their hands more is by adding in some homemade soap for the bathroom. It looks amazing, smells delicious and works wonderfully. Happy Kids = Happy Mama. With a few of my favorite soap supplies you’ll be on your way to making your own version of Homemade Watermelon Soap and you won’t believe how easy it is. Takes minutes to make, hours to set and will last quite some time for the entire family to enjoy. Now lets get started.
Homemade Watermelon Soap
Spray Bottle with Rubbing Alcohol
- Grab your Melt and Pour clear soap and cut into 1″ cubes on a cutting board. To make 4 bars I cut up half the pack of melt & pour soap base. Once cut place in your glass measuring cup and pop in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and give it a quick stir, at this point it should all be melted down. Grab your Red Soap Colorant and put in 4-5 drops and mix together until all is combined. Grab a handful of poppy seeds, toss in your soap mix and give it a quick stir.
- Lay your silicone mold on a flat surface and fill up the red soap base half way in the individual rectangles. Spritz with rubbing alcohol to remove all air bubbles. Allow to dry for 15 minutes before doing the next layer of soap.
- Grab your White Melt & Pour soap and cut up cubes into 1″ squares. Place in your glass measuring cup and pop in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and pour in 3 drops of green soap colorant. You want this green to be more of an opaque green for the middle layer. Pour on top of red soap and spritz with rubbing alcohol. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Repeat Step 4 but this time add in 6 drops of green soap colorant for a deeper green. Pour on top of light green layer and spritz with rubbing alcohol. Allow to dry for 2 hours before removing from mold.
- Once harden carefully remove from mold and store in a dry place. They are ready to use immediately. Enjoy.