The weather has been so chilly in California lately and my skin has been the most affected. Dry skin is one of the worst things to go through and should be taken care of right away. To help with my dry skin I’ve been using my Homemade Lemon Vanilla Body Butter and it’s amazing.
There is nothing more luxurious than lathering your body with a Homemade Lemon Vanilla Body Butter and it’s very affordable to make. Best of all this Body butter makes the most perfect gift for bridal showers, baby showers and even birthday parties. The smell alone is amazing and the softness of your skin will have you going back for this every morning and night.
Lemon Vanilla Body Butter
- ½ C. shea butter
- ½ C. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- a few drops of lemon essential oil
- In a small saucepan, heat the shea butter and coconut oil on low heat, stirring continuously, until melted.
- Remove the suacepan from heat once the mixture has melted and is combined. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, pour it into a small bowl and set it in the fridge to for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the mixture from the fridge and add in the lemon essential oil and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to whip the ingredients together.
- Scoop the body butter into a glass container with a lid. If giving as a gift, tie with some pretty string or twine.
- Store the body body, covered at room temperature up to 6 months and stir if you see any separation.
- Use on your body like any other lotion.
If you love this Lemon Vanilla Body Butter than you’re going to fall in love with my Vanilla Almond Body Butter!