Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love celebrating with my children. One of the best things to do with the kids is make up fun desserts to decorate and indulge in. This week we made the most adorable and fun Spider Web Cupcakes. Best of all they’re so easy to make and can be done in under an hour, that includes baking times! Yey.
SPIDER WEB CUPCAKES
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 container white frosting
- Black gel writing frosting
- Spider Rings
- Cupcake liners
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
- Allow cupcakes to cool. Spread a flat layer of white frosting onto each cupcake.
- Using the black gel writing frosting, place a dot in the middle of the cupcake. Draw a circle around the dot, followed by one slightly larger circle, and a third larger circle.
- Using a toothpick, start in the center dot and pull the toothpick through the frosting to the outer edge of the cupcake. Repeat this step to create a web – wiping the toothpick clean on a paper towel after each swipe.
- Once the web is drawn, press a spider ring into the cupcake to complete the cupcake decoration.
Be sure to check out my Easy Peanut Butter Spider Cookies as well!