With all the remodeling we’ve been going through with our home I wanted to take some time to start adding decorations to my home. I love making my own DIY Holiday related crafts and since Halloween was right around the corner I thought it’d be perfect to make these DIY Candy Corn Centerpieces Home Decor jars.
DIY Candy Corn Centerpieces Home Decor
What you need:
- Small Mason Jars
- White Spray Paint
- Orange Spray Paint
- Yellow Spray Paint
- Black roses with spiders (optional) – from Dollar Tree
- Cheesecloth (Optional) – from Dollar Tree
- Remove the lids from your mason jars and place the jars open mouth down on a flat surface. I used an old piece of wood to protect my grass from getting sprayed.
- Start with the white spray paint and spray the entire outside of the mason jar.
- Allow to dry for at least 20 minutes and grab your orange spray paint.
- Spray the orange spray paint in the middle of the jar up towards the top. (Tip: Don’t use any tape to create clean lines, these look better when you have a bit of overspray on the previous color).
- Allow to dry for at least 20 minutes and grab the yellow spray paint now.
- Spray the yellow on towards the top of the jar covering the orange layer. Allow to dry for 1 hour before handling.
- That’s it. If you want to add a little extra to make these a true centerpiece just add in some black roses with spiders and lay out a cheesecloth.
These candy corn jars are so easy to make and really make a great impact on a DIY Home decor piece for your home.